I would kill a baby for a new Mechwarrior game.

Namrok

I would kill a baby for a new Mechwarrior game.

Post by Namrok »

I've been playing so much Mechwarrior lately. And the only conclusion I can reach is that we need a new one badly. Mechwarrior 2 is buggy as shit, and as the missions get more and more ambitious through the expansions, they break more and more often as they hit the limits of the engine. My favorite was on a timed mission where one of the guys I had to kill clipped through a wall and fell into the void, untouchable. Mechwarrior 3 barely runs anymore, and the physics are locked to the framerate causing horrible bugs on modern systems unless you limit the FPS to 30. And then Mechwarrior 4 is just too damned arcadey and doesn't give you enough room to modify your mechs.

Plus, we desperately need a coop campaign. You already have lance mates. Lets your friends substitute for those retards. I finally had to bump the difficulty of Mechwarrior 4: Black Knight down to easy when a mission bugged out and all 3 of my lance mates refused to move. Left me on my own to fight 6 assault mechs!

Maybe if we're lucky we'll see something after the Battletech kickstarter comes out. But probably not because the license might be tied up in Mechwarrior: Online.

Ishpeck

Re: I would kill a baby for a new Mechwarrior game.

Post by Ishpeck »

So finish your Fantasy RPG thing and then make a Mechwarrior game.

Namrok

Re: I would kill a baby for a new Mechwarrior game.

Post by Namrok »

I'm trying! Going to take another week off work to log 40-60 hours on it. Fingers crossed I can push through a lot more tasks.