What I Learned about Climate Change: The Science is not Settled

Post Reply
User avatar
Rotten
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:04 pm

What I Learned about Climate Change: The Science is not Settled

Post by Rotten »

https://medium.com/@pullnews/what-i-lea ... 3ae4712ace

Interesting read. Not saying I agree.

User avatar
Ishpeck
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What I Learned about Climate Change: The Science is not Settled

Post by Ishpeck »

Such an asinine headline.

Science doesn't "settle" things. Fucking GRAVITY is not "settled" and we know more about it than we do nearly all other things.

'Course this dipshit's citations are all a bunch of propaganda web sites. Because linking to actual papers would be work! Can't be working for our climate change related blog post!

Most of what he says seems to be rejecting idiot journalist rhetoric. Which--duh. Journalists are the dumbest people in society. They misrepresent everything that isn't fucking football scores.

User avatar
Rotten
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: What I Learned about Climate Change: The Science is not Settled

Post by Rotten »

Agree about journalists but saying the science isn't settled will get you excoriated in the media.

User avatar
Ishpeck
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What I Learned about Climate Change: The Science is not Settled

Post by Ishpeck »

Rotten wrote:Agree about journalists but saying the science isn't settled will get you excoriated in the media.
Yeah. Because the media doesn't understand science.

User avatar
Rotten
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: What I Learned about Climate Change: The Science is not Settled

Post by Rotten »

Ishpeck wrote:
Rotten wrote:Agree about journalists but saying the science isn't settled will get you excoriated in the media.
Yeah. Because the media doesn't understand science.
Or much else.

User avatar
Ishpeck
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What I Learned about Climate Change: The Science is not Settled

Post by Ishpeck »

Rotten wrote:Or much else.
The job of the journalist has also been outmoded by RSS and aggregator web sites. Simply relaying information is easy to do without journalists' information. Fact-checking is a thing that they can't be bothered to do in this era of clickbait and hyper-self-documenting society.

I can't wait for the day when journalists are willing to admit to their complete obsolescence.

User avatar
Rotten
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: What I Learned about Climate Change: The Science is not Settled

Post by Rotten »

Ishpeck wrote:
Rotten wrote:Or much else.
The job of the journalist has also been outmoded by RSS and aggregator web sites. Simply relaying information is easy to do without journalists' information. Fact-checking is a thing that they can't be bothered to do in this era of clickbait and hyper-self-documenting society.

I can't wait for the day when journalists are willing to admit to their complete obsolescence.
And what are you RSSing and aggregating exactly, that doesn't involve journalists?

TheDeamon
Site Admin
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: What I Learned about Climate Change: The Science is not Settled

Post by TheDeamon »

It may involve them, but not in the capacity of reporter probably. They're becoming PR/Media Relations specialists manning twitter/social media feeds for the various businesses and organizations out there. Providing the raw materials that the other media types will then reprocessing and present to newsreaders as news.

User avatar
Rotten
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: What I Learned about Climate Change: The Science is not Settled

Post by Rotten »

TheDeamon wrote:It may involve them, but not in the capacity of reporter probably. They're becoming PR/Media Relations specialists manning twitter/social media feeds for the various businesses and organizations out there. Providing the raw materials that the other media types will then reprocessing and present to newsreaders as news.
I get news on a lot of the eclectic, mostly economic, science and energy related news on Google news. It still inevitably involves journalists.

My categories on Google news:

Boston, Massachusetts
Business
Spotlight
Railroads
shale
Air rights
Tower
"methane hydrates"
Agriculture
credit unions
Trucking
Airlines
wireless spectrum
Glut
drone industry
wood pellets
drones
reshoring
chinese investment i...
EB-5
mining
container ships
gig economy
ubernomics

Post Reply