Anyone watching Fargo (the TV show)?

Grorx

Anyone watching Fargo (the TV show)?

Post by Grorx »

I have Thoughts but if no one else is watching then I won't bother.

Ishpeck

Re: Anyone watching Fargo (the TV show)?

Post by Ishpeck »

What's Fargo?

Namrok

Post by Namrok »

I mean to. Right now I've been watching Agents of Shield and South Park. And Castle. Castle is still pretty ok.

Grorx

Post by Grorx »

Hah, it surprises me that you are watching Castle. My wife and I watch it too, we're sort of peeved that Beckett seems to be making stupid life decisions for no reason this season.

Fargo is a TV show that is sort of in the theme/vein of the Coen Brothers movie (though not exactly a remake or reboot). The Coens are peripherally attached and obviously gave their OK for it, but the TV show is sort of an anthology series, where each season is its own story in a shared universe (they are airing episodes of season 2 right now).

The first season won the emmy for best mini series and is one of the best things I have seen on a screen in a long time. Its very much a murder mystery thriller sort of thing with dark coens comedy throughout.

I would highly recommend the first season. Season 2 is... good but not great so far. Might not reach the heights of the first one but its still interesting and getting better as it goes.

Namrok

Post by Namrok »

Well, I'll definitely give it a spin then. I'll probably enjoy Season 2 of it too. I enjoyed Season 2 of True Detective after all.

Grorx

Post by Grorx »

Its much less dark and despondent than either season of True Detective. There is still murder, not a ton of gore or anything but some blood here and there. And not everyone is a depressing sack of sadness and despair. So there's that?

I liked True Detective Season 1 ok but Season 2 represents several hours of my life I want back.

Fargo Season 1 will probably end up better than Season 2 but so far I don't regret season 2 in the least, and it has a positive trajectory currently.

TheDeamon
Site Admin

Post by TheDeamon »

Ishpeck wrote:What's Fargo?
He was a character in Eureka, a SciFi comedy produced by the SyFy channel. It was pretty fun to watch. ;)

Ishpeck

Post by Ishpeck »

TheDeamon wrote:
He was a character in Eureka, a SciFi comedy produced by the SyFy channel. It was pretty fun to watch. ;)
Cute.

I hated Eureka. Much like I hate a lot of things.

One thing I don't hate is Black Sails. For some inexplicable reason, I adore this show.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375692/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

TheDeamon
Site Admin

Post by TheDeamon »

Ishpeck wrote:
TheDeamon wrote:
Cute.

I hated Eureka. Much like I hate a lot of things.
I just found I had to check my brain at the door, but could otherwise sit back and enjoy it. Unlike other programming out there that turning your brain off wasn't enough, I could feel my brain cells committing ritual seppuku to escape the experience of becoming dumber for having watched it.

Ishpeck

Post by Ishpeck »

TheDeamon wrote:I just found I had to check my brain at the door...
Must be habit forming. :P

TheDeamon
Site Admin

Post by TheDeamon »

Ishpeck wrote:
TheDeamon wrote:I just found I had to check my brain at the door...
Must be habit forming. :P
No, I forgot where the door was. :mrgreen: