Rebel Galaxy

Namrok

Rebel Galaxy

Post by Namrok »

I'm still making up my mind about this game. I like the idea, I like the music, I like the presentation. But I feel like I'm participating so little. Most of your guns auto-aim. Most of your time is spent waiting to warp places. The controls are horribly gamepad centric, making the menus incredibly frustrating to navigate using a keyboard and mouse. Plus the game doesn't seem to recognize my logitech gamepad or my joystick. It seems difficult to find and equip spare gear through the interface.

I'm a little baffled this game is being reviewed so highly.

Ishpeck

Re: Rebel Galaxy

Post by Ishpeck »

Namrok wrote:I'm a little baffled this game is being reviewed so highly.
Maybe there's CORRUPTION IN GAMES JOURNALISM

Grorx

Post by Grorx »

I agree, I think the game is pretty and the music is really fun. I wish there was more... action and decision in the game. Also, some sense of character leveling up. Have you played Void Expanse? I think it has better gameplay, and I think trading and mining are better options in it. If it was as pretty and musical as Rebel galaxy it would be great.

Namrok

Post by Namrok »

I haven't played Void Expanse, although you've certainly put it on my radar.

I am enjoying Rebel Galaxy more, despite it's flaws. I finally upgraded my ship, and will probably be jumping to another system soonish. We'll see I guess.

Grorx

Post by Grorx »

Yeah man, it feels like a similar game, just different graphical style and top-down. Give 'er a shot.